All things Child

So, J and I spent a wonderful weekend with his college roomate and (new) fiance in DC. We had yummy steak on Friday night at Ray's Steaks, went to the National Cathedral for carols on Saturday, ate lunch at Ray's Hell Burgers (Remeber when Obama went out for burgers?) and then went to see Jersey Boys at the National Theater. All I can say about the show is: WOW! We were sitting on the last row at the very tip top of the auditorium, but it was a great show that kept my attention all the way through.



On our way home yesterday, we stopped at Ikea to look around. We both had never been there and thought we'd stop by and check it out. Well, three hours later, we come out with lots of great baby/kid stuff!
We got this high chair with the matching tray and a little pillow wrap thing in case we are placed with a younger baby. We also got toddler plates, bowls, and cutlery. Nightlights for the hallway and the bathroom, child safety locks for our cabinets and drawers in the kitchen, and a step stool for the bathroom sink.

I'm so glad we had some time away from home, but now I am in go-mode for the holidays. I've got a few more gifts to get and wrap, then I'll be ready. We're hosting brunch at our house this year for a few family members that will be in town. Nothing fancy, just breakfast.

No comments: