Fallness

I love fall in Virginia. The leaves changing into vibrant colors, pleasant daytimes sandwiched in between cool morning and evenings, apple picking with friends, football, fires outside. I could go on and on.

This past weekend was incredible! My dad came over for dinner on Friday night where we ate burgers outside with a fire in the firepit. Saturday the girls and I walked to a friend's house where they played in their awesome yard with her kids. The girls slept most of the afternoon and I sat outside putting the training wheels on Kami's new bike so she could ride it around the yard. Jason came home while the girls were asleep and sat outside with me while I wrestled with the training wheels. Once the girls woke up, they came outside and played while I built another fire in the firepit and just sat outside enjoying the day with my family. My sister came over with sushi for dinner and we enjoyed another meal outside with candle light and firelight. After the girls went to bed, the wine was opened and my sister and I sat by the fire for several hours talking about everything and nothing all at the same time.
On Sunday we went to church, then out to lunch with a few friends, naps for the girls, the grocery store for me and then we went back to church for Awana, which both the girls love to death.

The best part about the weekend? I didn't do one load of laundry (until Sunday night). I didn't clean anything except the dishes and even then I threw most everything in the dishwasher. It felt good to just enjoy a beautiful weekend instead of worrying about things getting clean.

This weekend, time stood for me.



PS The littlest little is potty-trained!

1 comment:

Quacken said...

It is SO weird to see the leaves changing colors when it's 100 degrees out though!