To Love Your Husband Tuesday

I have to admit that when I started this new Tuesday thing with Lauren, I didn’t think it would be this hard. I mean, I love my husband, but how hard can it be to come up with extra little things to make sure he knows I love him to the moon and back? It’s hard, ya’ll! And frustrating, too. More on that later.

This week, I started a new sticky note for J and me to pass back and forth to each other in secret hiding places. Since I lost the other one, it was the least I could do, right? I put it in his lunch one morning for a nice surprise at work. I haven’t seen that note since so I'm pretty sure it's in the trash. Oh well.

I also made sure to tell him all week how excited I was for him to attend an all day men’s conference with other men in our church. I also told him that I would miss him but that I had some surprises planned for him that day. (Please note that on my list of things to do that day was to hang a print I had framed for him for Christmas. It is still not on our walls, ya'll)

I got a little frustrated this week when I wasn’t feeling as if my “extra” love was even being noticed. I am fully aware this is the human side of me and that I just need to suck it up and love my husband, but still. And, we got into a huge fight one morning, so I was feeling even more discouraged than I was before. Two days later, the hubs gave me flowers and called them "just because" flowers. I call them make up flowers due to the fight two days before, but I'll let that one lie. (This is a perfect example of loving my husband: letting him believe he is right when really, I know I am!)




Photobucket

3 comments:

Lauren said...

you are too funny!! The surprise notes is such a sweet idea! :) I know it's tough when it doesn't seem like the extra effort is even being noticed... but stick with it and I know you'll see wonderful changes!:) I also know that Satan works to destroy marriages, so it could be an attack because he hates it that you're doing wonderful things for your hubby. One of my favorite books about loving your husband no matter what he acts like is "Created to Be His Help Meet" by Debbie Pearl... it's amazing!! :)

Hope you have an awesome week! :)

Monika said...

Nice!
I agree with Lauren, be careful - Satan really hates happy marriages! So continue in your romantic plan with notes, I really like this idea!

SnoWhite said...

love the notes :) what a great idea!